[Paraview] ImportError: No module named readline

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Mar 18 22:45:46 EDT 2013

Looks like you have the
PYTHONSTARTUP(http://docs.python.org/2/using/cmdline.html#envvar-PYTHONSTARTUP)
 environment set to file and pvpython is importing that file on
startup which isn't really designed for the python packaged with
ParaView (I'm assuming you are using the binaries from paraview.org
directly).

You can unset PYTHONSTARTUP env. var. before running pvpython, however
I believe i'd be safe to ignore the error in any case. Look at the
script and check if whatever your sysadmin set the script to do is
essential for you.

Utkarsh