[Paraview] python scripting

Chukwudi Chukwudozie cchukw1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Fri Mar 15 22:58:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

I want help to be able to do the following two things using my mac OS X
10.7.5 but I have not been successful.

1. Run a paraview python script on terminal using pvpython.
2. Run the same script on terminal using python.

For (1) above, I saved the trace for a particular operation and ran it
using pvpython and it worked. However, I got a paraview python scripts
(newscript.py) on the internet and when I try to run them on my terminal
using pvpython, it aborts with the error below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "newscript.py", line 3, in <module>
    Connect()
  File
"/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 1932, in Connect
    connection = Connection(id, session)
  File
"/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 1806, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError, "Concurrent connections not supported!"
RuntimeError: Concurrent connections not supported!

For (2) above, I tried to run on my terminal using system python, the saved
trace (newparaview.py) that was successful with pvpython and it keeps
aborting with the following error messages

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "newparaview.py", line 2, in <module>
    from paraview.servermanager import *
ImportError: No module named paraview.servermanager

My .bash_profile file looks like this.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/bin
export PATH=$PATH:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

export
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview:/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/bin
export PATH=$PATH:{$PYTHONPATH}

# Setting PATH for EPD_free-7.2-2
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

Regards,

--
Chukwudi Chukwudozie
cchukw1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Craft and Hawkins Department of Petroleum Engineering
Louisiana State University
Patrick F. Taylor Hall (CEBA)
Room 3429
Baton Rouge LA, 70803