[Paraview] Why is pvbatch displaying images?

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:05:15 EDT 2013

Hi All,

This question of pop-up windows comes up all the time, so I thought I'd
report on a second option of configuring a second X-Screen. most of the
time this will provide better rendering performance vs using OSMesa.
Once you configure x this way you can launch pvserver/pvbatch on the
second screen (eg. DISPLAY=:0.1 pvbatch ...). it seems that most recent
graphics hardware (intel, ati, nvidia etc) can do this(link below). I've
been using this on my workstation with nvidia and it works well.
nvidia-settings was able to configure X for me. On other hardware it may
be called Zaphod-heads. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/X.Org/Dual_Monitors

Burlen