[Paraview] Paraview 4.0.1 Mac Os X does not have a reader for .pvd files but still reads them?

William Oquendo woquendo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:39:10 EDT 2013

Hello,
I am starting using Paraview 4.0.1 . If I open a pvd from the command line
as
open -a paraview filename.pvd
I get a window, title Open data with ... asking me for a reader! (see
screenshot at the end). The list of readers is empty. If I select ok or
cancel the data is read. If open directly from paraview, no message like
that appears. Am I doing something wrong?
The pvd data file is very simple:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian">
  <Collection>
      <DataSet timestep="0.2217153600089431"
file="data-0000000000000000.vtp" />
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

Link for screenshot or direct screenshot:
​
 Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.37.38
AM.png<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwf1X0k7hGEiWWtjdlBwMC1yb2M/edit?usp=drive_web>
​

[image: Inline image 1]

--

Best regards / Cordialmente,

William-Fernando Oquendo
Este correo puede carecer de tildes o eñes debido al teclado.