[Paraview] Problem of Block Selection

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Jun 20 07:04:31 EDT 2013

Hello.

Many thanks to Karl König for his info on the bug about "Show Frustum"
in the Selectio inspector.

But I have another problem related to Selection with a Frustum in
Paraview: I have a complex multi-block surface geometry and I want to
select all blocks inside or intersecting the rubberband frame drawn when
I drag the mouse.

I am using the "Select blocks" mode, but the problem is that I get only
the VISIBLE blocks!  And it is not always possible to get a point of
view where all searched blocks are visible.

Then I have to search for the missing blocks in the Selection inspector:
I check each block one by one to highlight it and see if it is a missing
block. This is a rather long task if there are many blocks ( > 300) and
if the missing blocks are very small.

So my question is : is there a method to get all blocks in the selection
like cells inside a Frustum in the "Select cells through" mode ? If not,
it would be nice to have such a "Select blocks through" mode in a next
release.

Richard.

--
  Richard GRENON