[Paraview] Irregular outer boundary of Points

Hedieh Ebrahimi hedieh.ebrahimi at amphos21.com
Tue Jun 18 04:47:29 EDT 2013

Hi dear ParaView Users,

I am trying to see the outline of a number of points which I input in to
paraview as a CSV file
and then convert to points using "Table to Points" filter.

When putting the representation to "OUTLINE" , ParaView will show me a
rectangular outline of these points. What I am interested to see is an
irregular outline or outer boundary of these group of points which shows
exactly the area covered by the points. ( my points are 3D but I am
watching them on a 2D plane)

Is there anyway in ParaView to see the outline of Points as they actually
are (irregular boundary of the group of points)  and not an estimated
rectangular boundary as OUTLINE representation?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.