[Paraview] How to simply "Reload" a data file

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Jun 14 09:11:33 EDT 2013

If either of you are using hdf5 (xdmf for example) you could try our dsm reader. Paraview creates a memory buffer which is used instead of the filesystem by your client application which generates data and writes it to hdf5, it is routed to the dsm inside paraview which updates automatically when the writer closes the file.

I've cleaned it up a it and got it mostly working with paraview 4.0 and will make a 'release' soon. The main problem is that when the app writing data, or paraview shut down, it isn't very clean disconnecting unless they happen in the right order. If one shuts down unexpectedly, or is closed without isconnecting, problems can arise. Apart from that it is quite stable.

I'll post a video and a link soon.

An alternative is to just add a reload button which calls modified and make the filename widget visible - I've just seen a post from Sebastien that does it for you whilst I was typing.

JB