[Paraview] How to simply "Reload" a data file

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Jun 14 03:42:17 EDT 2013

Is there button where I can simply reload a data file that was read in
a pipeline?

We have a workflow where we process data into a file and view it in
ParaView. it is becoming tedious to blow away the entire pipeline just
to reload the new data.

 I know about state files but this still requires the user to go to
the File->Load State... " menu and then select a state file. I would
like to just select the data file in the Pipeline browser (XDMF File
reader for us), and just click some button that just reloads data from
the file.

Or am I just missing something? I am using ParaView 3.98.1. I have to
admit I have not tried any of the 4.0.RC* downloads.

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net