[Paraview] Superbuild: passing compiler flags

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Wed Jun 12 11:23:03 EDT 2013

I'm trying to pass some MPI-related flags through the Superbuild cmake.  These flags need to get passed down to the actual Paraview source cmake, but they don't seem to getting included.   If I run ccmake I can see that the flags have not been set - and if I manually add the flags at that time, the build proceeds.

(I'm talking about the MPI_xx) flags being passed via the cmake command line)   I'm using cmake 2.8.11

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/angel/pv-test/${version}_mesa \
-Ddownload_location=`pwd`/../Downloads \
-DParaView_FROM_GIT=OFF \
-DParaView_URL=`pwd`/../Downloads/ParaView-4.0.0-RC3-source.tar.gz \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
-DENABLE_boost=ON \
-DENABLE_cgns=ON \
-DENABLE_ffmpeg=ON \
-DENABLE_hdf5=ON \
-DENABLE_matplotlib=ON \
-DENABLE_mesa=ON \
-DENABLE_osmesa=OFF \
-DENABLE_mpi=ON \
-DENABLE_numpy=ON \
-DENABLE_paraview=ON \
-DENABLE_python=ON \
-DENABLE_qt=ON \
-DENABLE_silo=ON \
-DENABLE_szip=ON \
-Dqt_DISABLE_WEBKIT=OFF \
-DUSE_SYSTEM_mpi=ON \
-DMPI_CXX=mpicxx \
-DMPI_CXX_INCLUDE_PATH=${CPATH} \
-DMPI_CXX_LIBRARIES=-lmpi -lmpixx -L${LIBRARY_PATH} \
-DMPI_C=mpicc \
-DMPI_C_LIBRARIES=-lmpi -lmpixx -L${LIBRARY_PATH} \
-DMPI_C_INCLUDE_PATH=${CPATH} \
../Source

Rick Angelini

USArmy Research Laboratory