[Paraview] Can Paraview track distance travelled by a data in a movie?

Pradeep Jha pradeep at ccs.engg.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 10 03:42:02 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am wondering if Paraview is capable of doing something like I state
below.

I have vorticity data over a time sequence which gives me a movie as in the
avi file in this location: http://arrow.utias.utoronto.ca/~jhapk/vorticity/

Is it somehow possible that if I specify any threshold value, say T, then
Paraview can calculate the number of different vorticities greater than or
equal to T that exist in this domain? I mean, any number of immediate
neighbors all with values higher than T will form "one" vorticity.

Also, is it possible that I can calculate the distance travelled by each
vorticity value higher than T over the sequence of the movie. If anyone can
suggest me a smarter way of doing these, it will save me few days of coding
time.

Thank you