[Paraview] vtkPVSysnchronizedRenderWindows + Splitted views

Stephan Rogge Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de
Thu Jun 6 09:59:35 EDT 2013

Hello,

when I run ParaView and connect to pvserver with activated CAVE mode (with a
full screen render window), split the main active 3D view (horizontal or
vertical) and create a non-3D view (e.g. Spreadsheet), the render window on
the server is also separated into two viewports. The left half is covered by
the 3D-render window the right side seems to be empty. I guess non-3D-views
were not shown in the CAVE which is ok. But why is the render window
separated into two viewports? Is this a desired behavior?

Is it possible to detach new created views from the ParaView
Tab-Widget-Panel to have pure view-windows?

Stephan