[Paraview] 4.0.0-RC2 build issue

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Wed Jun 5 15:52:50 EDT 2013

I am using Superbuild to compile 4.0.0-RC2 and for the most part I'm having very good success.  I have a particular HPC system (SGI ICE X) where I'm getting a strange error when configuring paraview itself.

"string sub-command REGEX, mode MATCH needs at least 5 arguments total to command."

Google pointed me here to a hack/fix that got me past the cmake error message.

http://the-unofficial-paraview-developers-forum.34153.x6.nabble.com/Build-error-Windows-td1858.html

Is there possibly a better solution to this problem other than manually editing the ParaViewDetermineVersion.cmake file?   I'm running cmake 2.8.11 and the latest ParaViewSuperbuild source files.

Rick Angelini

USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Building 120 Cube 315