[Paraview] Paraview in batch and in parallel

Nikolaos Beratlis nikos.beratlis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 21:18:14 EDT 2013

I read in Paraview Wiki that as of Paraview 3.10 the MPI library is
packaged in the binary release. Do I still need to have an MPI version
installed on my computer to run Paraview in parallel in batch mode
(pvbatch)? If MPI is not required, then how do I run pvbatch in parallel.
Is there an argument to specify to use multi core on shared memory
clusters? Otherwise I assume that a MPI version is required and I'd run it
using "mpiexec -n Nprocs pvbatch python.py"

Thank you,

Nikos