[Paraview] Paraview can't read Tecplot X,Y(X) files

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Jul 18 11:12:39 EDT 2013

Hello.

If you are using I=20, J=2 and K=1, you should have 20x2x1=40 points in
your mesh (it is a surface), so you should have 40 lines after the ZONE
line. Paraview finds only 20 lines and assumes zero for the 20 missing
values. So you have to repeat your 20 data lines at the end of your file.

Also, you should not have all X,Y,Z variables to zero because Paraview
cannot display the mesh. For instance, you may define a surface grid
assuming X=Distance for all your data. Then you should have Y=0 for the
first 20 data lines, and Y=non zero constant for the next 20 data lines
while keeping same X, Distance and Temperature values as in the first 20
lines. The variable Z may be kept to zero for all lines. Thus, your mesh
will look like a rectangle.

  mailto:Richard.Grenon at onera.fr
  http://www.onera.fr