[Paraview] Programmable filter: Use of VTK filter classes

John Fraser logic_cube at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 15 08:49:49 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using Paraview on 4.0.1.  I was under the impression that it would be possible to use some of the many VTK filters from a Python programmable filter, however I seem to only be able to instansiate some of the filters, for others I get the message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 21, in <module>
File "<string>", line 4, in RequestData
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'vtkSelectEnclosedPoints'

from the following line of code:

v = vtk.vtkSelectEnclosedPoints()

Is it possible to use something like vtkSelectEnclosedPoints from a programmable filter?

Thanks,
John