[Paraview] VRPlugin: small build issue with vrpn

Johannes Zarl johannes.zarl at jku.at
Wed Jan 30 07:09:00 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 29.01.2013, 18:36:39 schrieb Aashish Chaudhary:
> I am definitely interested in hearing if you find any
> issues / improvements.

Just a short summary on the current version:

 -  FullScreen is no longer enabled by default.
A little investigation showed the new .pvx options FullScreen, Geometry, and
ShowBorder. I guess I'll add that to the wiki page on CAVE setups.

 - It's nice that VRPlugin now only shows compatible connections for the VR
input devices.

 - I still have trouble finding the correct TrackerTransform matrix (ok that
one is not the fault of paraview)

 - I tried rendering a volume dataset on a single screen of our curvedscreen
(so we don't run into the known data-distribution problems):
It looks like the volume is rendered onto a plane and i rotate that plane
along with the rest of the scene when I rotate the modelview.

 - I haven't tried surface data apart from the "cylinder" source yet.

I should be able to spend more time on our issues with the VRPlugin soon. Then
I'll give you a more detailed view on what parts work, and which ones don't.

Cheers,
  Johannes