[Paraview] pvbatch, MPI and MultiBlock data sets

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jan 29 09:56:32 EST 2013

Yves,

1. I don't see the oddity with the block number and BlockID when
running in parallel, as you describe. For me, the BlockID in indeed
Index for block + 1 whether I run in parlalel or not.
2. Running your python script as a single process, I get 1:18 minutes,
while in parallel (2 procs), I get 1:22 mins. Given that your dataset
very small and the computation done also very trivial (you are
transforming 50 points!),  it's not surprising that the overheads of
parallel processing (interprocessing communication for various steps
in the pipeline execution) make things slower. Try doing the same with
a multiblock having thousands of points in each block and then you'll
see the different

Utkarsh