[Paraview] Installation error "MPIEXEC was empty"

Pradeep Jha pradeep at ccs.engg.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 29 01:43:43 EST 2013

Hello,

I installed MPI locally on my account. After that I managed to do the
ccmake and generate a makefile. But when I do "make", after 21% completion,
I get the following error:

[ 21%] Building CXX object
ParaViewCore/VTKExtensions/Core/CMakeFiles/vtkPVVTKExtensionsCorePython.dir/vtkPVVTKExtensionsCorePythonInit.cxx.o
Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/vtkPVVTKExtensionsCorePython.so
[ 21%] Built target vtkPVVTKExtensionsCorePython
Scanning dependencies of target vtkParallelMPI
[ 21%] Building CXX object
VTK/Parallel/MPI/CMakeFiles/vtkParallelMPI.dir/vtkMPICommunicator.cxx.o
In file included from
/home/hp120242/k00603/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/MPI/vtkMPICommunicator.cxx:26:
/home/hp120242/k00603/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/MPI/vtkMPI.h:22:18:
error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
/home/hp120242/k00603/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/MPI/vtkMPI.h:33:
error: expected `)' before '*' token
/home/hp120242/k00603/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/MPI/vtkMPI.h:35:
error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'MPI_Comm' with no type

I have all the MPI files declared in my PATH so that my mpirun and mpiexec
are working now. What is causing this error?

Thank you,
Pradeep