[Paraview] Installation error "MPIEXEC was empty"

Pradeep Jha pradeep at ccs.engg.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 25 03:44:55 EST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to install ParaView 3,98 rom source on a Linux machine. I dont
have the root passwords. I have locally installed the cmake and qt 4.8.4.

I want to install Python with MPI support.

After pulling the source code using git, when I am running the ccmake
command, it is giving me the following error during configuration:
 CMake Error at VTK/Parallel/MPI/CMakeLists.txt:37 (message):
   MPIEXEC was empty.

I dont know if the following information is useful:
I do have mpi installed on this system as the mpi compilers for fortran and
C are available. But I dont have the mpirun or mpiexec command working.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Pradeep