[Paraview] VTK_WRAP_TCL cmake option fails to compile

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:29:30 EST 2013

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling ParaView when I enable the "VTK_WRAP_TCL"
flag in CMake.

I have tested this both with my normal CMake options (enable MPI, PYTHON,
etc.), and also where the only option that I change is VTK_WRAP_TCL.

In both cases, the compilation operation fails at this point:
	% make
	[...]
         [ 36%] Building CXX object
ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/CMakeFiles/vtkPVServerImplementationCoreTCL.dir/vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyTcl.cxx.o

/home/avl/VR/Apps/ParaView/ParaView_git20130123/Build/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyTcl.cxx:19:
error: invalid declarator before `CppCommand'

/home/avl/VR/Apps/ParaView/ParaView_git20130123/Build/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyTcl.cxx:
In function `int
vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyCppCommand(vtkSIDoubleVectorProperty*,
Tcl_Interp*, int, char**)':

/home/avl/VR/Apps/ParaView/ParaView_git20130123/Build/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyTcl.cxx:64:
error: expected primary-expression before `CppCommand'

/home/avl/VR/Apps/ParaView/ParaView_git20130123/Build/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIDoubleVectorPropertyTcl.cxx:64:
error: expected `)' before `CppCommand'
         [...]

My most recent test is with a complete git clone done this morning, but
I've been encountering this ever since I noticed the VTK_WRAP_TCL flag
became available as a ParaView CMake option -- perhaps 2 months ago.
(I used to have to go directly into VTK to enable this option and then
compile VTK separate in order to get the tcl executable, so I was glad
to see an option whereby I could get it all compiled in one operation -- if
it works.)

	Thanks in advance,
	Bill

--