[Paraview] Creating movies using multiple HDF5 data files

Pradeep Jha pradeep.kumar.jha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:17:44 EST 2013

Hello,

I have multiple HDF5 data files containing information at different time steps of a flow simulation. I am using a XDMF file to visualize them.

I want to visualize the evolution of a particular iso-surface and data over a slice. How can I perform the same set of operation over all these files and then combine them together to make a movie out of it? Should I save a python state file of one time step and then use pvpython to combine all these python state files? There are over 1000 time steps, so I cannot do it manually.

Also, is there any specific trick to make the movie in real time?

Thanks,
Pradeep