[Paraview] Animation with sudden large intervals between consecutive frames

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jan 15 02:06:04 EST 2013

Interesting. I am not sure what it could be. Another option is to try disabling the use of offscreen rendering for screenshots (by unchecking "Use Offscreen Rendering for Screenshots" in the "Settings"
dialog on the "Render View" page (at the bottom of that page).
<

I recently made an animation and needed an image of 1920x1080 but couldn't quite get it on the screen due to the space used by the GUI (title bar etc). Using OffScreen rendering for the animation allowed me to get the size I wanted, but was slow. I found that creating a VNC session using turboGL with a virtual screen size of something like 2048x2048 and then saving the animation with Offscreen rendering disabled but with my GUI much larger than before was something like 10s per frame faster when generating the animation.

I'd like to find out why the offscreen is so much slower - does the offscreen redering session get created and destroyed on every frame. When generating 2000frames or so it can make a big difference.

JB