[Paraview] error using vtk in paraview animation

Li Guan li.9uan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:04:33 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have a small piece of python code in every paraview(3.98.0) animation,

from vtkRenderingCorePython import *;

from vtkIOImagePython import *;

import paraview.vtk as vtk;

def start_cue(self):

self.frame = 1;

 self.w2i = vtkWindowToImageFilter();

self.view = GetActiveView().GetRenderWindow();

self.writer = vtkTIFFWriter();

But in output window, I got this error message,
ERROR: In
..\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Rendering\Core\vtkWindowToImageFilter.cxx,
line 146

vtkWindowToImageFilter (14E3AFB0): Please specify a renderer as input!

I checked the vtkWindowToImageFilter documentation and examples, it seems I
was using the right format? How can I fix it? Many thanks!

Li Guan