[Paraview] Cannot read point data array error...

Kevin Gamiel kgamiel at renci.org
Mon Jan 14 11:25:52 EST 2013

I have a model that generates 150 VTU files of ~1M particles.  The first 57 VTU files load and display fine, the remaining give me this error:

 ERROR: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-NoMPI/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line 510
vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0x124282bb0): Cannot read point data array "Velocity" from PointData in piece 0.  The data array in the element may be too short.

I've seen reference to this error, but can't figure out why I'm getting it.  I have posted two VTU files that demonstrate the problem; first one works, second gives the error above.  I've tried on Mac and Ubuntu with 3.98.0 and the earlier version.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

http://www.renci.org/~kgamiel/paraview/

Kevin

--
RENCI