[Paraview] Paraview plugin doesn't load the GUI.

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Jan 11 09:36:17 EST 2013

If the plugin is composed of C++ code (ui or processing code), what need to
be loaded is the compiled library (.dll/.so/.dylib) not the xml.
The XML is just when you want to expose some VTK classes to the ParaView
GUI with auto generated panel.

To build the ParaView examples you will need to create a new build tree
like as follow.

mkdir build-examples
cd build-examples
ccmake ../src-paraview/Examples
make

And then load the generated library inside build-examples/Plugings/
HelixSource

Seb