[Paraview] QuadView from C++

Michael Reuter reuterma at ornl.gov
Wed Jan 9 10:26:31 EST 2013

Hi,

     I'm trying to use the new QuadView from inside our C++ application.
I try and create a pqRenderView pointer for the QuadView using
pqObjectBuilder::createView("QuadView",
pqActiveObjects::instance().activeServer()). I get the following error:

Failed to create a proxy for the requested view type: "QuadView"

I thought it might be a plugin loading problem, so I copied it
temporarily to where we have our PV_PLUGIN_PATH set so that it gets
automatically loaded, but I still get the same error. So, now I'm not
sure that it was the plugin not being loaded. What is the correct way to
create the view?

Thanks,

Dr. Michael Reuter
Data Analaysis and Visualization Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov