[Paraview] Wintracker - VRPN - Paraview Headtracking problem

Emiliano Pastorelli hogancito at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:57:24 EST 2013

Hi all,
I have a weird problem for which I can't really figure out a solution. I
just wrote,between yesterday and today, my vrpn (first) server for the VR
Space Wintracker III magnetic tracker (3 sensors). It's still somehow to be
completed, but it's up and running, and at least the position data (x,y,z)
is tested and correct (in meters as vrpn wants it).

I now tried to launch a paraview server on three screens (half a cube
position, 1 table and 2 walls), configuring the state for the VRPlugin and
starting it. In the error console i get the following endlessly repeated
message (until i don't stop the Vrplugin) :

--------------------
*ERROR: In
/home/hogan/projects/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 390
vtkPVSessionCore (0x1e8ee40): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

ERROR: In
/home/hogan/projects/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxy.cxx,
line 131
vtkSIProxy (0x2b14820): Error pushing property state: CameraPosition

ERROR: In
/home/hogan/projects/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 389
vtkPVSessionCore (0x1e8ee40): Object type: vtkOpenGLCamera, could not find
requested method: "SetPosition"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
  Argument 0 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkOpenGLCamera (0x24434a0)}
  Argument 1 = string_value {SetPosition}
  Argument 2 = float64_value {0.0927211}
  Argument 3 = float64_value {-0.866379}
  Argument 4 = float64_value {0.490703}
  Argument 5 = float64_value {0.5898}
  Argument 6 = float64_value {-0.0411798}
  Argument 7 = float64_value {-0.495741}
  Argument 8 = float64_value {-0.867493}
  Argument 9 = float64_value {0.0486}
  Argument 10 = float64_value {0.99484}
  Argument 11 = float64_value {0.0602279}
  Argument 12 = float64_value {-0.081643}
  Argument 13 = float64_value {0.121}
  Argument 14 = float64_value {0}
  Argument 15 = float64_value {0}
  Argument 16 = float64_value {0}
  Argument 17 = float64_value {1}*
-------------------------

I registered a input tracker with id=0 and named sensor, and i connected
the renderView1 camera position to it.
As I could figure out,  Argument 5,9 and 12 represent my coordinates (even
if also the others are changing somehow according to the position of the
sensor).

I tried to attach the view angle to the sensor and i have an almost
identical mistake but of course related to the set view angle function.

Does anybody have any hint on what i might be doing wrong? being also quite
new to vrpn it might also be that my mistake is there, but at least the
coordinate data, as i said seems to be correct, so i have no clue on where
to dig to make the headtracking working (and lately with the other 2
sensors the glove and the wand).

Thanks in advance for any help
Best