[Paraview] Linker error with OpenMPI 1.6.2

Stephan Rogge Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de
Thu Jan 3 09:46:18 EST 2013

Happy new year,

I've tried to use a newer version of OpenMPI (1.4.4 => 1.6.2) with PV from
git master. Unfortunately, I was not able to build ParaView successfully.

A linker error comes from the vtkParallelMPI project. When I look into the
project file I can see that libmpi.lib and libmpi_cxx.lib are set correctly.

vtkMPICommunicator.cxx.obj : error LNK2001: Unknown external Symbol
"ompi_mpi_file_null".

vtkMPIController.cxx.obj : error LNK2001: Unknown external Symbol
"ompi_mpi_file_null".

.

I have no idea, why this failure occurs. Compiling the same PV from git
master with OpenMPI 1.4.4 still works.

Thanks,

Stephan