[Paraview] python: get names of data arrays

Ian Krukow i.krukow at tu-braunschweig.de
Tue Dec 31 04:24:15 EST 2013

Hi,

I thought it should be quite simple, but I have not found it yet.
How can I get the names of the data arrays of an existing source in a
python script? Or, alternatively, how can I check whether a data array
with a certain name exists (this is what I actually want to do)?

The reason: I have different data sets, where the data arrays are named
differently (two possibilities), but I want to do the same operation on
both of them. Therefore, I would like to check, which of the names is
present in the dataset I have loaded, and by that pick the correct names.

Kind regards
Ian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Ian Krukow