[Paraview] Paraview Branding: how to force the update?

Jerome Velut jerome.velut at kitware.com
Fri Dec 13 04:09:58 EST 2013

Thanks Utkarsh!

The pqObjectBuilder signal connection was the solution: Thanks a lot!

However, I have another question now, similar to forcing update. I want to
change the render views' look:
* Set parallel projection by default on 3 views. I got it to work by
setting the CameraParallelProjection in the ViewProxy of some pqRenderView :

    vtkSMIntVectorProperty* projProp;
    projProp =
vtkSMIntVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(pqview->getViewProxy()->GetProperty("CameraParallelProjection"));
    projProp->SetElements1( parallelProjection );

* Set black background by default : I did the same with the Background
property

  vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty* bg;
  bg =
vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(pqview->getViewProxy()->GetProperty("Background"));
  bg->SetElements3(0,0,0);

Though the projection is correctly set to parallel after
pqrenderview->render(), the background still shows the paraview blue-gray.
Strangely, if I open the View settings panel, the background color is black!

Do I have to do something more than the parallel/perspective projection
setting?

Thanks!
Jerome