[Paraview] XMLPolyDataReader Error on Windows

Magician f_magician at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 10:18:25 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have about 10GB pointcloud data with CSV format.
The points have some kinds of scalar values.
I opened the data and applied Table to Points filter,
saved them as Binary XML PolyData.
The saved data were about 4GB.

Then I tried to open them, but I got errors as below:
> ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\IO\XMLParser\vtkXMLDataParser.cxx, line 604
> vtkXMLDataParser (000000000D4BBA90): Error reading uncompressed binary data header.  Read 0 of 4 bytes.
>

> ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\IO\XML\vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line 510
> vtkXMLPolyDataReader (000000000D458AE0): Cannot read point data array "frame" from PointData in piece 0.  The data array in the element may be too short.

When I saved VTP data, I used ParaView 4.0.1 on 64bit CentOS.
The errors are dumped by ParaView 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 RC1 on
64bit Windows 7 Pro.
I tried several machines but the results were same.
The physical memories are over 16GB and HDD spaces are enough.

I also tried other large VTP pointcloud data, they were
about 2GB and had same format as larger ones.
The smaller (2GB) data could read by all ParaViews on Linux and Windows.

Are there any differences between Linux to Windows?
How can I open large (over 4GB) VTP data on Windows??

Magician