[Paraview] VTK_BIQUADRATIC_PYRAMID?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Dec 7 21:07:59 EST 2013

Hi John,

There are no plans that I know of. I think that you can do this as long as
you are comfortable with the underlying math. All you have to do is to find
the quadratic pyramid class (VTK/Common/DataModel/vtkQuadraticPyramid.cxx
and .h), copy it into a new class and change functions that depend on the
basis functions. You also need to add the new classname to the
CMakeLists.txt file in that directory. Just grep for vtkQuadraticPyramid in
the whole repo and replicate it for the new class. Note that the amount of
code involved in implementing such a cell is non-trivial. However, the code
itself is not that complicated. We are here to help if you take on this
adventure :-)

Best,
-berk