[Paraview] Determining distance information from an image in Paraview

Jesse Samluk sevensam at udel.edu
Wed Dec 4 21:19:15 EST 2013

Greetings all,

  And I'll use the following image for my questions. Is there a way to determine the distance from two objects in Paraview? For instance, see the "U" shape, I was trying to measure the distance of the inner bottom, but wasn't too sure how to do it. I tried "Select Points on (d)" but that just added points on the purple sheet which doesn't mean anything and I couldn't delete them, I had to generate a new slice.

  Also, when I rotate this object, sometimes I need the alignment to be straight again, but Paraview doesn't do it. I tried "Reset" and "Reset Center" but that didn't work. Any tips?

Thanks!
Jesse