[Paraview] Saving Ascii Multiblock files

Jacob Wolf jacob.a.wolf.12 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:07:08 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm running a script in Paraview for batch processing of results from CFD.
The data is composed of several AMR rectilinear meshes, so it can be saved
as several .vtr files with a single .vtm file pointing to each mesh. Using
the code snippet below, I'm able to save the .vtr files in the Appended
data mode, but I need them in Ascii in order for another program to process
the data outside of Paraview. How can I change the writer's mode?

 writer =
CreateWriter("/Users/administrator/Desktop/Research/Data/Processed
Data/file.vtm")

writer.UpdatePipeline()

Alternatively, if there was another format where I could write points and
associated vectors to text file, I could use that.

Thanks,

Jake