[Paraview] Session Manager with Apache front-end - session.map

Bogdan Daqui Herrera bdaqui at simscale.de
Tue Dec 3 09:26:41 EST 2013

Hi Seb,

A follow-up on this. The session map file is created and it is written
correctly, so I can say the original issue is solved. However I am still
having some problems with the rest of the setup for the following scenario:

-Apache Front-end serving a page through an SSL secured connection on
port 443.
-Jetty session manager working on the server on ports 9000-9100 (which
are of course not encrypted, but are behind the apache front-end).
-The session url is specifiend in the default-config.properties file as:
pw.factory.session.url.generator.pattern=ws://mydomain:443/proxy?sessionId=SESSION_ID

This does not work, though. There is no reaction on the browser and no
visible error message in the server logs. Changing to wss, yields a
connection which is closed instantly.

If however generate the sessionURL on port 9000 (unencrypted) the remote
browser-based paraview session works with most browsers, except Firefox,
which gives a security error due to the https-ws(unsecured socket)
combination.

My assumption is that with the Apache front-end all traffic would be
channelled through port 443 and the session manager would interact only
with it, not with the browser directly.

Thanks again for the kind replies!
Bogdan