[Paraview] cannot find -lvtkPVPythonCatalyst error when doing coprocessing

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Wed Aug 28 12:44:05 EDT 2013

Hi Andy,

That seems to work well, but just to double make sure, let me copy the list of relevant coprocessing libs for 3.98 for your perusal:
----------------
libvtkCoProcessorCS-pv3.98.a
libvtkCoProcessorPython27D-pv3.98.a
libvtkCoProcessorImplementation-pv3.98.a
libvtkCoProcessorPython-pv3.98.a
libvtkCoProcessor-pv3.98.a

On a related question, now I am getting error "cannot find -lPhastaAdaptor" although I have libPhastaAdaptor.a in the lib directory. It looks like it tries to link to shared library rather than the static library. I am using "find_package(ParaView 3.98 REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkCoProcessorImplementation PhastaAdaptor)" followed by "target_link_libraries(phastaIC.exe vtkCoProcessorImplementation PhastaAdaptor)" in CMakeLists.txt file. What else should I do or correct to make the linker to link to libPhastaAdaptor.a (as it did for other coprocessing-related static libs) rather than link to shared lib via -lPhastaAdaptor?

Thanks and best regards,
Hong