[Paraview] Parallel writer in pvpython/pvbatch

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 9 12:05:45 EDT 2013

On 08/09/2013 02:33 AM, Paul Melis wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is it possible to write data to a parallel XML format (say, pvti) from
> pvbatch or pvpython? I can't seem to find the relevant classes
> vtkXMLP... under the paraview module. I found some older references to
> a module named paraview.vtk.io containing those classes, but that
> seems to be missing, at least in 3.98.1 and 4.0.1
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Yup, that's doable, the following example works for me. if you haven't
done so yet you might want to browse through the "simple.py" script.
There are numerous helper functions defined and it also gives some idea
about python capabilities and the underlying infrastructure.

from paraview.simple import *
ws=Wavelet()
Show(ws)
Render()