[Paraview] Script to save avg value in an array

Rakesh Dhote rpd.toastmasters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 04:11:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

I need a small favor in writing a small python script. I calculate average
stress in the domain based on the strain values using an analytical
expression. The avg. stress value is calculated at one time instant.

I need to save the average stress at every time instant  in an array ,
which will later be plotted to obtain the avg. stress value with time.

I am not conversant with the Paraview scripting. Please let me know how to
write a script to acheive above task.

The results are plotted in paraview in the ensight case format.

Warm regards,
Rakesh