[Paraview] Packaging ParaView

Reuter, Michael A. reuterma at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 22 14:20:15 EDT 2013

I tried the superbuild route and started simple by making only two
modifications: Changing the ParaView git tag to v3.98.1 and setting the
PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI to ON but not enabling Qt. OSX worked like charm and
the resulting package works. When I went to Windows, the package wouldn't
go through the install step. I chased my tail for a bit and finally found
the problem. We have to build PV without Python due an incompatibility
between PV and our software (haven't had time to debug yet). However, the
Windows install step was choking on pvbatch and pvpython not being
present. I found that the Projects/win32/paraview.bundle.cmake file wasn't
properly trapped for that. Once I fixed that, everything went smoothly and
the package works. I'm attaching the patch.

Cheers,