[Paraview] Packaging ParaView

Reuter, Michael A. reuterma at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 15 15:18:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to package ParaView with our build options, but it looks like the CPackParaViewConfig.cmake file is no longer available in 3.98.1, unless I missed a CMake variable. I've been looking at two ways to handle this: superbuild and rebranding. I really don't need to rebrand ParaView, as we aren't wrapping in any new functionality. So, I was thinking of going with the superbuild. Can the superbuild be made to only package ParaView provided libraries and plugins? Our analysis package which uses ParaView functionality already provides many of the same dependencies (Qt, HDF) and we build ParaView against these. Therefore, we don't need to duplicate them in the installation package.

Thanks,

Dr. Michael Reuter
Data Analysis and Visualization Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov