[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Material Interface Filter

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 9 20:22:21 EDT 2013

Bucky,
I believe that the problem is that - as you suggest below - the material interface filter only accepts down converted unsigned chars.  In my mind, this is a bug/feature hole.  Either, 1) the Material Interface Filter should accept down converted unsigned chars or default variables, 2) a filter should be created to convert to unsigned chars (with appropriate scaling), or 3) any appropriate reader should allow down convert .  Further, the Material Interface Filter has been hard coded to look for certain variable names (that it knows are down converted).  These are named "Material volume fraction - #" where #  is 1, 2, 3, 4, etc or "Volume Fraction - #" where # is 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Berk - does this sound right to you?  I can think of one simple, short term option - I wonder if it is possible to write some simple python that would do the magic in a programmable filter?  Also, if you like, I can write up a bug/feature request.

Alan