[Paraview] adaptively refined unstructured mesh

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Apr 1 10:36:28 EDT 2013

Hi Manav,

Currently there is no way to do this in parallel as VTK doesn't have the
concept of a hanging node. Thus when a cell looks to see if there is a
neighbor on its side it sees if any other cell's sides matches those same
points. If no other cell's sides has those same set of points then it
assumes that it's a boundary. Also, we can't do it by an "external"
technique as then we wouldn't pick up interior boundaries such as holes in
the domain.

To do what you want you'd need to break the cells that have a hanging node
in the middle of the cell's side into triangles or tets and get rid of the
hanging nodes.

Andy