[Paraview] Problems working with python Macros

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Sep 17 09:28:14 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I am attempting to write a python Macro to set up some standard views for some standard workflows we are trying to develop. Specifically, I am trying to partition the render window into multiple views so that the layout looks something like the attachment called "Desired View".

When I write the script using SetActiveView() to select the view I am partitioning, it doesn't work.  No matter how I try to manipulate the active view before partitioning, I get the cascading splits seen in the second attachment "actual view".

Could someone point me towards how to partition the render window with a python Macro such that I get something like the "Desired View" attachment?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joshua Murphy

[cid:FEEB19FE-4E12-4697-94EC-739CD6DE812D]
Joshua J. Murphy
Computer Scientist
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado, Boulder