[Paraview] Maximize ParaView across 3 monitors; NVIDIA

David Zemon david.zemon at mst.edu
Thu Sep 6 11:27:35 EDT 2012

Software: Ubuntu 12.04.1 running Xfce4
Hardware: Microway 1U rack, 1 x NVidia Quadro 5000, 1 x Tesla C2050
(access to more teslas), 3 x Dells S500 projectors, 1 x totally awesome
custom built immersive screen :)

*Goal:* Maximize ParaView across all three monitors for seamless
integration.

*Problem:* the Quadro 5000 supports only 2 monitors which means we need
a second GPU. Second GPU means second X screen and, as far as I know, a
window can not be maximized across two X screens.

*Help:* What are my options for maximizing ParaView across all three
monitors?

*Known solutions:* The only solution I've found so far is to use an AMD
card. Two problems with that: 1) the driver setup is supposed to be a
real PITA, 2) we don't have a FirePro sitting around to try out, so that
would mean buying one.

I'm open to changing up the software stack if you know of something that
will work.

Thanks,
David Zemon