[Paraview] problem using 'stream tracer with custom source' filter

Hang Deng denghang2008 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:21:39 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I was trying to plot streamlines in paraview (3.10.1 64bit) for my openfoam
cases. What I did is to import the inlet and internalmesh separately, apply
'mask point' on the inlet, and use filter 'stream tracer with custom
source', with mask point as source and internalmesh as the input. At some
point, I got a satisfactory streamline plot, everything looks nice.
However, I could not duplicate the plot. I went back and did everything the
same, the resultant streamlines became extremely short, only 1/10 of length
of the flow pathway. And tuning the parameters didn't give me better
results either.

Anyone has any idea on why this happens or how to make a streamline in
paraview correctly?

I truly appreciate your help.

Best,

Hang