[Paraview] Scripting Common UI Tasks for Opening Files

Adrien Guillon aj.guillon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 12:49:08 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We have simulation results that we frequently visualize in the same way.
We construct a specific pipeline, visualize some parts as wireframe, set a
color scheme, and so on.  Unfortunately, this is done manually at the
moment, which means that just opening simulation results can take a few
minutes of clicking around.  I'm looking to script this.

Is there a way to script the UI so that it opens a number of given files,
and adjusts features automatically?  My investigations into Python
scripting with Paraview suggest that it cannot directly control the UI,
instead it does analysis using Paraview.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish some automation?

AJ