[Paraview] pvserver dies after client closes. How to prevent that?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Oct 10 15:25:37 EDT 2012

Yes that is the expected behavior. We use a pure client server
approach in which the server only ever does what the client tells it
to. The only exception to that is when you save an animation there is
an option on the save animation dialog that tells the server to keep
going until it writes the last frame of the movie.

Since 3.14 pvserver's --multi-clients mode _could_ allow this, but
even that shuts down when it finds that there are no clients
connected. You might then add a flag that changes that behavior but
you would also have to provide a mechanism where you tell the server
to shutdown manually.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer