[Paraview] importing paraview from ipython

Yuanxin Liu leo.liu at kitware.com
Fri Oct 5 11:24:00 EDT 2012

Looks like your python paths aren't set up correctly.  I would do:

- Run pvpython and do "import sys; print sys.path". You should see a bunch
of paths related to ParaView python.
- In ipython, append these paths to your sys.path.  I think ipython also
has a start up script, something like ipy_user_conf.py. If you do the
importing there, you can save your self from having to retype this every
time

Leo