[Paraview] (no subject)

Timothy Cale drtsc.para at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:19:01 EST 2012

I am using paraview 3.14 (64 bit, ubuntu 12.04 vm on a MBP).

I am trying to run pvpython to view .py files generated using Trace:

'which' pvpython' yields: /usr/bin/pvpython

'pvpython' yields: Error converting executable file
"/usr/bin/../lib/paraview/pvpython" to real path: No such file or directory

So, /usr/bin/python seems to be looking for /usr/lib/paraview/pvpython

Which is indeed not there.

I uninstalled (purged) and installed 3.14 again. Same thing.

BTW: I did see the notes regarding 3.14.1-2 from ~6 months ago, but cannot
tell which 3.14 binary installer is on the
Paraview download page.

Nevertheless, I downloaded the 3.14 tar-ball.

When I run a .py script generated using trace, an image pops up for a
second, then disappears.

BTW: The same thing happens with 3.98, at least on a companion machine.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Tim