[Paraview] Trace?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Nov 27 15:37:25 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Timothy Cale <drtsc.para at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use save/load state to make viewing more efficient: viewing results during
> a simulation.
>
> Now I would like to make the results of a filter (say smoothing) avialable
> to downstream
> simulation steps.
>
> 'Trace' looks (looked) promising, but I don't get an option to save the
> trace (under Tools)
> after starting and stopping the trace.

I haven't seen that problem before.

Do you get the Script Editor window that shows your recorded actions?
If not, what version of ParaView are you using. If so, click on it and
the OS's window manager changes the menu over from the ParaView menu
to the Script Editor's own menu, which has Save in its File menu.

> Does Trace work? If so, what does it take?

Yes it does work, nothing special should be required.